Classic Emerald cut uk lab grown diamonds are the perfect option for any bride to be. Easily one of the most popular settings out there, emerald rings have a traditionally beautiful look that places all of the attention on the centre stone. For those of you struggling to decide on a cut, here is our ultimate guide to emerald engagement rings.
Pros of an emerald cut engagement ring:
- Timeless elegance: Emerald cut diamonds have a classic and elegant look that never goes out of style.
- Long lines: The rectangular shape of emerald cuts creates a long and slender appearance, making fingers look slimmer and more delicate.
- Clarity: The straight lines and step cuts of emerald cuts can highlight the diamond’s clarity, making inclusions and other imperfections more noticeable.
- Less expensive: Emerald cuts are typically less expensive than round cuts of the same carat weight, making them a cost-effective option for those on a budget.
Cons of an emerald cut engagement ring:
- Prone to chipping: The pointed corners of emerald cuts are prone to chipping, making them less durable than round or princess cut diamonds.
- Low sparkle: The step cuts of emerald cuts have fewer facets and reflect less light, resulting in a lower sparkle compared to other diamond shapes.
- Requires a high quality diamond: Due to their large, open facets, emerald cuts can show any inclusions or imperfections more clearly, making it important to choose a high-quality diamond.
Ultimately, the pros and cons of an emerald cut engagement ring will depend on personal preferences and lifestyle. Consider these factors carefully before making a decision.
To care for an emerald engagement ring, follow these steps:
Clean it regularly: Clean your ring with a mild soap solution and a soft brush to remove any dirt or grime. Dry it thoroughly with a soft cloth.
Protect from scratches: Store your ring separately to avoid scratches and keep it in a soft pouch or box.
Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid exposing your ring to harsh chemicals, such as household cleaners and beauty products, as they can damage the metal and stone.
Professional cleaning: Get your ring professionally cleaned and inspected once a year to ensure its durability and sparkle.
Handle with care: Emeralds are a delicate gemstone and can chip or break if handled roughly. When removing your ring, handle it gently and avoid hitting it against hard surfaces.
Repair damage promptly: If your ring has any visible damage or looseness, take it to a professional jeweller for repair.
By following these steps, you can help keep your emerald engagement ring in top condition and ensure its long-lasting beauty.